ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Cabellas Instinct Waders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    "Deuce"
    Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:19 AM    Post subject: Cabellas Instinct Waders Reply with quote

Last year I posted looking for info on the banded waders. I am happy to report I bought a pair of the cabellas instinct waders! Most comfortable boot wader I've worn. I was worried about the durability of the wader - they don't feel like a tough wader - but after about 6 trips and 2 hours trying to retrieve a duck in deadfall / brush (dog came out bleeding) no holes and no leaks! I figured I'd test them when I can still send them back. They are pricey but currently worth every penny!
    JDK
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post.
    I'm a (partial) gray beard old schooler and have been wet for the past two years in name-brand waders. I'm not a grumpy fella but it ticks me off that I'm soaked and cold in top dollars. I was as cold and miserable today (and extremely happy) as i was as a high schooler in the '80s. Appreciate the feedback.
    shaneatkinson82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post. I am currently looking to replace my Redhead waders. Thought I had my mind set on the Lacrosse Swamp or Brush Tough Waders. Now I might look into these as well.
    MRiddell
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDK wrote:
    Nice post.
    I'm a (partial) gray beard old schooler and have been wet for the past two years in name-brand waders. I'm not a grumpy fella but it ticks me off that I'm soaked and cold in top dollars. I was as cold and miserable today (and extremely happy) as i was as a high schooler in the '80s. Appreciate the feedback.

I wear a good pair of fleece wader pants under my jeans. I've had 3-4 leaks in the last year (my cheap 3 yr old breathables go year-round between hunting and fishing) and I never noticed it until I take the waders off and realize my jeans are wet.

Not going to help if you have a rip or something, but for those wear lines or leaky seams, it might be worth a try.
    JDK
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, MR. Yeah, my leaks are small. That might do the trick.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: