ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index
  • USAWaterfowl.com

• COWF Site

• Field Staff Articles

• Please support our sponsors

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
     ProfileChat RoomFAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
    Banded Redzone Breathable Waders vs. Drake MST or LST Waders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    "Deuce"
    Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 PM    Post subject: Banded Redzone Breathable Waders vs. Drake MST or LST Waders Reply with quote

I hate duck hunting waders. I have a pair of breathable Simms fishing waders that I love but they will not keep me warm enough durning the later duck hunting.
    I like the Drake LST waders but all the reviews I've read says they don't hold up well. I'm HARD on my gear and willing to pay the $ for a good product. I like the idea of the Banded breathable waders but have not found many reviews. Any thoughts?
    street315
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy of mine bought the Banded waders, second hunt out he said he literally could feel water flowing into his boot.. He said he will never buy banded ever again.
    RaiderHater
    Pro Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stay warmer in breathables. This is especially true when a long walk is involved. I can't shake the cold after working up a sweat when wearing neoprene. I wear heavy layers under and even sometimes over my breathable waders. I have only been out a few times in them but I like my camo LL Bean breathable waders so far. I sure wish Simms would make an insulated boot foot camo wader comparable to the G3.
    mattgFLCO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just recently got a pair of the cabela's dry plus breathables. I havent used them yet, but think they will be more versatile for both early and late season. Raiderhater i think said it, neoprene you work up a big sweat no matter how cold and its hard to shake it.

anyone ever own the cabelas breathable ones before?
    DrakeStar
    Master Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattgFLCO wrote:
    i just recently got a pair of the cabela's dry plus breathables. I havent used them yet, but think they will be more versatile for both early and late season. Raiderhater i think said it, neoprene you work up a big sweat no matter how cold and its hard to shake it.

I've been using the Cabelas Dry Plus breathable's for the past three seasons with the only issue with the way the suspenders fit across behind the neck , the cross over strap tends to rub the back of the neck something fierce,but that can be remedied real easy. I bought a size bigger and the stout so I could layer underneath. I used to wear neos all the time,since buying the breathable's my neos stay home even on the coldest days on the river. I'm done with the bulkiness and clamminess of neos forever.
    mattgFLCO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrakeStar wrote:
    mattgFLCO wrote:

I've been using the Cabelas Dry Plus breathable's for the past three seasons with the only issue with the way the suspenders fit across behind the neck , the cross over strap tends to rub the back of the neck something fierce,but that can be remedied real easy. I bought a size bigger and the stout so I could layer underneath. I used to wear neos all the time,since buying the breathable's my neos stay home even on the coldest days on the river. I'm done with the bulkiness and clamminess of neos forever.

Nice! I used them today for the 1st time. I can tell im definitely going to like them. Very happy so far with the purchase.
    GANDER
    A.K.A Babe Winkleworm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't buy Banded toilet paper.

I'd be afraid it'd come apart in the middle of the first swipe and I'd have a mess on my hands. drink
    spaightlabs1
    True Killa'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those banded waders will fit 2 guys though, right? I think that's a Brad Chelding design criteria.

Don't trust whitey.
    kol1293

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear my fly fishing simms too and then just wear extra layers underneath
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    ColoradoWaterfowl Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: